The health and safety of the Battlefields Park employees and users is the National Battlefields Commission (NBC)'s priority.
The NBC is following the advice of public health experts and taking steps to limit the spread of COVID-19 and reduce risks to all users of te park.
Plains of Abraham Museum
In accordance with government directives, the Plains of Abraham Museum is closed until further notice.
For all questions relating to group activities, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Washroom facilities on Taché Avenue are open daily from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
The Battlefields Park, of which the Plains of Abraham are a part, is open to visitors wanting to explore nature in the city. Please note that the use of BBQs on the park remains prohibited. The NBC counts on the diligence of the park users to follow directives issued by public health authorities.
The Québec government has requested the cancellation of indoor and outdoor festivals and cultural events planned in Québec until August 31, 2020. The Edwin-Bélanger Bandstand's 2020 musical season, scheduled to begin on June 14, has therefore been cancelled.
Activities and events on the park
Due to the interdiction of gatherings and physical distancing directives, the NBC has cancelled the Great Celebration of Nature scheduled for May 24, 2020, and the Battlefields event scheduled for September 12 and 13, 2020.
The holding of other activites and events planned on the park depends on how the situation develops and on public health directives. Information is updated regularly on the website.
Activities that have been cancelled: Abraham's Bus, Attention! exhibition at the Martello Tower 1, The Tormentor, Québec by Lantern Light, Haunted Tower, Raptor Talons, Ghoulish Walk, Stories to Wake the Dead, Tales of the Bad Old Days, Bandist! The Chambers Gang Trial, The Devil's Jig, The Convict's Last Drink.
- Stay home if you or a household member are showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Plan your visit with the map of the park.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer, water, food, etc.
- Always keep a distance of 2 metres from others.
- Follow the signs and indications.
- Be courteous: wash or sanitize your hands often and cough into the bend of your arm.
- Wear a mask or face covering in closed public spaces such as the Plains of Abraham Museum and washroom facilities (mandatory) and outside when physical distancing is not possible.